Head of the department:
Gulomov Sherzod Rajaboyevich
In September 2006, under the leadership of Professor M.M. Karimov, in order to train highly qualified personnel in the direction of bachelors and Master’s programs “Information Security” was created the Department of "Information Security" at Tashkent University of Information Technologies.
In the formation and development of educational-methodical and research work at the department professor Ganiev S.K., professor Karimov M.M., PhD, Associate Professor Ganiev A.A., Ph.D., Associate Professor Yusupov S.Yu., Ph.D., Associate Professor. Tashev K.A., Professor, D.Sc. Irgasheva D.Ya., senior teacher Abdullaev D.G. made a significant contribution.
Until 2010, the department was headed by Professor M.M. Karimov; 2010-2013, Ph.D, Associate Professor Yusupov S.Y; 2013-2016 Professor, D.Sc
D.Ya.Irgasheva; 2016-2021, Ph.D, Associate Professor A.A. Ganiev.
For many years, teachers of the department have been teaching master's students all major subjects such as "Information Theory and Coding", "Business Continuity and Emergency Recovery", "Scientific Research Methodology", "Information Intelligence Protection Systems", "Computer Forensics", for undergraduate students "Information Security", “Fundamentals of Cyber Security”, “Cyber Law and Cyber Ethics”, “Introduction to Information Security Risk Management”, “Cyber Security Policy”, “Organizational and Technical Methods of Information Protection”, “Information Theory and Coding”, “Cloud Computing Security”, “Hardware and Software for Information Protection”, “Malware”, “Cyber Security Engineering”, “Network Security”, “Information System Auditing”, “Incidents attack and Response”, “Web Application Security”, “Computer Systems and Information Security in Networks”, “Methods of Cryptography”, “Information Security in Wireless Networks”, “Cryptographic Protocols”.
A number of books of lectures, teaching aids were published by professors and teachers at the department, including in 2021 Gulomov Sh.R., Nasrullaev N.B., Shirinov L., Sayfullev Sh.B. published the book "Audit of information systems" in the Latin alphabet, methodological recommendations "Audit of information systems" by Ganiev A.A., Azizova Z.I.
In addition, Ganiev S.K., Karimov M.M., Tashev K.A. released a book on “Information security” for university students, Ganiev S.K., Gulomov Sh.R., Kuchkarov T.A., Shamshieva B.M. on the subject "Information in computer systems and networks" methodical instructions for conducting laboratory classes, as well as, Tashev K.A., Irgasheva D.Y., Nasrullaev N.B. on the subject "Cryptographic protocols" methodical instructions for conducting practical classes were published.
The department has invested 100 million sums from 2020, including practical and fundamental projects funded by international organizations. UZS BVF4-023 “Study of problems of incident and cyber-attack management in distributed information and communication systems” fundamental project. A group of senior researchers and independent researchers of the department are preparing doctoral dissertations on topics related to this research work (Ph.D).
Currently, Fayziyeva D.S., Bekmirzayev O.N., Imomaliyev O.T., Yuldasheva N.S., Kadirov Z.Z. are scientific workers, in addition Haydarov E., Shamshieva B.M., Azizova Z.I. are independent researchers as Ph.D research works. In addition, as independent researchers, Gulomov Sh.R., Nasrullaev N.B. (Doctor of Science) conducts research work on doctoral dissertations.
Direction of education: 5330300 - Information security (by industry)
Direction of education: 60610300 - Information security (by industry)
Specialty: 5А330302 - Information security
Specialty: 70610302- Information security
TEACHING DISCIPLINES AT THE DEPARTMENT:
- Basics of Cybersecurity
- Introduction to Information Security Risk Management
- Network security
- Threat intelligence technology
- Open-source operating system security
- Computer forensics
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Application of intelligent tools to protect information
- Machine learning in cybersecurity
- Information Theory and Coding
- Methodology of scientific research
TEACHERS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Gulomov Sherzod Rajaboevich - Ph.D., head of the department, associate professor
- Ganiev Salim Karimovich - d.t.s., professor
- Kuchkarov Takhir Anvarovich - c.t.s., associate professor
- Ganiev Abdukhalil Abdujaliovich - c.t.s., associate professor
- Samarov Husnutdin Kamardinovich - c.t.s., associate professor
- Kholimtaeva Ikbola Ubaydullayevna – senior teacher
- Azizova Zarina Ildarovna - senior teacher
- Fayzieva Dilsora Salimovna - senior teacher
- Sayfullaev Sherzod Bakhtiyor ugli - assistant
- Usmanbayev Doniyorbek Shukhratovich - assistant
- Haydarov Elshod Dilshod ugli - assistant
- Shirinov Bobur Botir ugli - assistant
- Shukurov Orzikul Pardaevich – assistant
- Akhmedova Naima Kodirovna - trainee teacher
PROFESSORS AND TEACHERS ON THE BASIS OF PART-TIMERS
- Karimov Madjit Malikovich - d.t.s., professor
- Sagatov Miraziz Vorisovich - d.t.s., professor
- Botirov Fayzullajon Bakhtiyorovich - Ph.D., associate professor
- Yusupov Bakhodir Karamatovich - Ph.D., associate professor
- Turapov Sherzod Nurmatovich - Ph.D., associate professor
- Bekmirzaev Obidjon Nuralievich - senior teacher
- Abdullaev Dilmurod Gulomovich - senior teacher
- Shirinov Laziz Tokhirovich – assistant
Currently, the department has 3 professor, 8 Associate professors, 5 senior teachers, 5 assistants, 2 teachers-trainees. Professors and teachers of the department have prepared working programs and texts of lectures on 11 subjects taught at the department.
APPLICABLE STATE AND FOREIGN GRANTS (FUNDAMENTAL, APPLIED AND INNOVATIVE PROJECTS) AT DEPARTMENT "INFORMATION SECURITY"
- Central Asia University Partnerships Program_UniCEN “Accreditation, Assessment, and Improving Student Outcomes” _USA (2020-2021).
- ERASMUS+ programme: project “Developing services for Individuals with Disabilities”(DECIDE)-598661-EPP-1-2018-1-RO-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP (2019-2022).
- ERASMUS+ programme: project “Modernization of Higher Education in Central Asia through New Technologies”(HiEdTech)-598092-EPP-1-2018-1-BG-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP (2019-2022).
- BVF4-023 “Research of problems of management of incidents and cyber attacks in distributed information and communication systems.” (2017-2020).
- №A5-063 " Development of a complex method of inter-screen shielding and monitoring in information and communication systems” (2015-2017).
- №A5-061 "Improving the security of the E-government system based on effective technology of unified identification” (2015-2017).
SCIENTIFIC WORKS OF DEPARTMENT
- Gulomov, F.B.Botirov, Z.I.Azizova. “Attack incidents and response to it” (textbook). -T .: Aloqachi Publishing House, Tashkent-2021
- Yu.Yusupov, A.A.Ganiev, O.Bekmirzaev. "Hacking and protection of computer systems and network" (textbook). -T .: Aloqachi Publishing House, Tashkent-2021
- R.Gulomov, Z.I.Azizova, F.B.Botirov. "Attack incidents and response to it" (textbook). Aloqachi Publishing House, Tashkent-2021
- R.Gulomov, N.B.Nasrullaev, L.T.Shirinov, Sh.B.Sayfullaev. Audit of information systems: Textbook // Aloqachi Publishing House, Tashkent-2021, 157 p.
- K.Ganiev, Z.T.Xudoykulov, N.B.Nasrullaev. "Basics of cybersecurity" (textbook). 2021, T .: “Economy-Finance”, 240 p.
- K.Ganiev, Z.T.Xudoykulov, N.B.Nasrullaev. "Basics of cybersecurity" textbook. 2021, T .: “Iqtisod-Moliya”, 240 p.
- A.Abdurakhmonov, Z.I.Azizova. Methodical manual for laboratory work on the subject " Attack incidents and reactions to it". №9 (134) 27 April 2021
- I.Azizova. Methodical manual for the implementation of practical work on the subject "Basics of cybersecurity". №10 (135) 25 May 2021
- A.Abdurakhmanov, S.Sh.Muminova, M.Sh.Agzamova. Methodical instructions on the implementation of laboratory work on the subject "Network Security". №9 (134) 27 April 2021
- G.Abdullaev, S.Sh.Muminova, M.Sh.Agzamova. Methodical instructions on the implementation of laboratory work on the subject "Organizational and technical methods of protection of information". № 7 (132) 23 February 2021
- M.Shamshieva, S.Sh.Muminova, D.Sh.Usmanbaev. Methodical instructions for laboratory work on the subject "Organizational and technical methods of information protection". №9 (134) 27 April 2021
- B.Botirov, E.D.Haydarov, L.T. Shirinov. Methodical instructions for work on the subject "Attack incidents and response to it". №9 (134) 27 April 2021
- Yusupov S.Y, Gulomov Sh.R. Nasrullayev N.B. “Digital Forensics”(in uzbek language): study guide published by “Aloqachi”, Tashkent-2020, 240 p.
- Ganiyev A.A., Azizova Z.I . “Audit of information systems”: study guide. Tashkent-2020, 124 p.
- Yusupov S.Y., Vaade V.D., Gafarov R.I., Utkurxujayeva N.I.. “Computer forensics” (practicum): study guide. Tashkent-2020
- Yusupov S.Y., Ganiyev A.A. “Hacking and protection of computer systems and networks” published by “Aloqachi”, Tashkent-2019, 232 p.
- Yusupov S.Y, Gulomov Sh.R. “Digital Forensics” (in russian language): study guide published by “Aloqachi”, Tashkent-2018, 284 p.
- Ganiyev S.K., Gulomov Sh.R. “Theory Information and Coding”: A Course Book for University Students. Published by “Aloqachi”, Tashkent-2017, 100 p.
- Ganiyev S.K., Karimov M.M., Tashev K.A. Information Security Course Book for University Students. Published by “Aloqachi”, Tashkent-2016
LIST OF PUBLISHED ARTICLES OF THE PROFESSOR-TEACHING STAFF AND RESEARCHERS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Shirinov, L. (2023). Methods of Application Control in Cloud Computing Systems. In: Ranganathan, G., Fernando, X., Piramuthu, S. (eds) Soft Computing for Security Applications. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1428. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-3590-9_39
- Khaydarov, E. (2023). Filling the Knowledge Base of the Filtering System Algorithm Development. In: Ranganathan, G., Bestak, R., Fernando, X. (eds) Pervasive Computing and Social Networking. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 475. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-2840-6_15
- Usmanbayev, "Improving and Evaluating Methods Network Attack Anomaly Detection," 2021 International Conference on Information Science and Communications Technologies (ICISCT), 2021, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/ICISCT52966.2021.9670073.
- Gulomov Sherzod Rajaboevich, Abdurakhmonov Abduaziz Abdugafforovich, and Azizova Zarina Ildarovna. Development a Model of a Network Attack Detection in Information and Communication Systems. Scopus indexed. JAIT 2022 Vol.13(4): 312-319. doi: 10.12720/jait.13.4.312-319
- Gulomov Sherzod Rajaboevich, Malikova Nodira Turgunovna, Qurbonova Kabira Erkinovna, Arzieva Jamila Tileubaevna. A method to improve the quality of service and overcome the loss of network packets. 2021 International Conference on Information Science and Communications Technologies (ICISCT). 03-05 November 2021, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT52966.2021.9670120
- Karimov Madjit Malikovich, Gulomov Sherzod Rajaboevich, Tashmatova Shaxnoza Sobirovna, Elmuradov Temurmalik. Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) Traffic Filtering Method to Prevent Attacks. 2021 International Conference on Information Science and Communications Technologies (ICISCT). 03-05 November 2021, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT52966.2021.9670203
- Sayfullaev, S., Zaynutdinova, M. (2021). Analysis and Modeling of Information Security Systems in Industry 4.0. In: Aliev, R.A., Yusupbekov, N.R., Kacprzyk, J., Pedrycz, W., Sadikoglu, F.M. (eds) 11th World Conference “Intelligent System for Industrial Automation” (WCIS-2020). WCIS 2020. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1323. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-68004-6_2.
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION of department
- USA (Kent state university)
- USA (Idaho State University)
- Japan (Advanced Institute of Industrial Technology)
- South Korea universities (KAIST, INHA)
- Germany (Dresden Technical University)
- Romania (Transylvania University of Brasov)
- Russia's leading universities
COOPERATION WITH ORGANIZATIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF DEPARTMENT
- Joint stock company "Uzbektelecom"
- State unitary company "UNICON.UZ"
- LLC Mobilline
- State unitary enterprise "Cybersecurity Center"
- State customs committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Spanish company “CYBERGAMP”
- Italian Company “Sababa Security”
- SOFTPROM Distribution GmbH
- American company Entrust