Head of the department:
Ganieva Barno Ilkhamovna, professor, Ph.D.
In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On the organization of information and library support for the population of the Republic", the bachelor's degree course "Informatization and Library Science" was opened at the Tashkent University of Information Technologies named after Muhammad al-Khwarizmi from 2006 to 2007.
Starting from the 2012-2013 academic year, the Department of "Information and Library Systems" began its activity, and staff training in the specialties of the master's degree program "Informatization and Library Science" and "Electronic Libraries and Archives" was established.
According to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated June 7, 2019 PP- No. 4354 "On further improvement of information and library services to the population of the Republic of Uzbekistan" and based on the study of the need for specialists in the field of library activities in higher educational institutions, training in the new direction "Library and information activities" is being conducted from 2019 to 2020 academic year.
In the formation and development of educational and methodological and research work at the department, a significant contribution was made by: Doctor of Technical Sciences, prof. M.A. Rakhmatullaev, Ph.D., Professor B.I. Ganieva, Ph.D., Associate Professor U.F. Karimov, Ph.D., Associate Professor M.X.Mahmudov, Ph.D., Associate Professor A.M.Hundibaev, senior lecturer S.R.Arakelov.
The department trains personnel in accordance with the requirements of the time. Curricula are being updated, the experience of universities of foreign countries in training library personnel (Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Italy, Korea, etc.) is being studied, new disciplines are being introduced into the educational process. Teachers of the department improve their qualifications abroad, actively participate in various international seminars and conferences.
Professional and scientific activities at the department are conducted by large and well-known scientists, teaching staff, including professors Rakhmatullaev Marat Alimovich and Ganieva Barno Ilhamovna, PhD Rakhimova Shakhnoza Anvarovna, senior teachers Arakelov Sergey Rubenovich, Ziedullayeva Gulchiroy Erkinovna and several young assistants.
Since the opening of the department, new academic disciplines have been introduced at the Tashkent University of Information Technologies named after Muhammad al-Khwarizmi, aimed at organizing activities for the introduction of traditional methods of librarianship based on information and communication technologies in the educational direction "Informatization and Library Science". In particular, since 2015, groups have been organized with the teaching of special disciplines in English. From the 2018 - 2019 academic year, the educational direction was renamed "Library and information activities (by directions)".
The following textbooks, teaching aids recommended by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, prepared by the teaching staff of the department in the subjects in which classes are held:
- Textbook "Kataloglashtirish va klassifikasiya" for students of higher educational institutions (recommended as a textbook by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, registration number 676-502);
- Textbook "World Information Resources" for students of higher educational institutions (recommended as a textbook by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, registration number 676-503);
- Textbook "Kutubxonashunoslik" for students of higher educational institutions in co-authorship (recommended as a textbook by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, registration number 1186-146);
- Textbook "World Information Resources" for students of higher educational institutions in co-authorship (recommended as a textbook by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, registration number 133-104);
- Textbook "Axborot kutubxona katalogi va fondi" for students of higher educational institutions (recommended as a textbook by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, registration number 434-070);
- Methodical manual "Information library catalog and fund" for students of higher educational institutions (recommended by the Council of TUIT, registration number 9-659 on 2.06.2016);
- Collection of information and methodological materials "Copyright for electronic publications" for students of higher educational institutions and specialists of the information and library sphere (Protocol No. 1-01-1 of January 4, 2013 recommended for publication by the working group of the Committee on Science, Education, Culture and Sports of the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan);
- Methodical manual for students of higher educational institutions "Requirements for the completion of the final qualifying work of bachelors in the direction of "Informatization and library science" (recommended by the Council of TUIT 2015).
Currently, Sergey Rubenovich Arakelov, Gulchira Erkinovna Ziedullayeva, Sultanova Zukhra Shukhratovna, Abduzoirov Shahobiddin Najmiddinovich from the teaching staff of the department are conducting scientific research as independent researchers research on PhD theses.
Bachelor's degree directions:
Library and Information activities (by branches)
Library and Information activity
Master's degree specialty:
Electronic Libraries and Archivesx
Subjects taught at the department
Bachelor's degree direction: Basic disciplines:
- Information and reference services
- Library Science
- Cataloging and classification
- Creating collections
- Metadata in theory and in practice
- School libraries
- Database design for libraries
- Library Management
- Methods of scientific research in information and library sciences
- General bibliography
- Information and search engines
- Information analytical products and services
- Digital information services
- Management of automated libraries
Master's degree specialty: Basic disciplines:
- World information resources
Specialties of elective disciplines:
- Theory and methodology of information library services
- Methods of organizing library and archival research
- Design of information library and archive systems
Teaching staff of the department:
- Ganieva B.I. - Head of the Department, Professor, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences
- Rakhmatullaev M.A. - Professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences
- Arakelov S.R. - Senior Lecturer
- Rakhimova. Sh.A. - V.I.O. Associate Professor, PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)
- G.E. Ziedullayeva - Senior Lecturer
- Anufrieva Yu.G.. - Assistant
- Sultanova Z.Sh. - Assistant
- Abduzoirov Sh.N. - Assistant
Research work of the department:
- Practical project No. PZ-20170929262 "Improvement of pedagogical and psychological methods of reading, improvement of reading culture in our society" (2018-2020) jointly with the Fundamental Library of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan);
- Project "Promotion of professional development of librarians of Uzbekistan during the period of reforms" in cooperation with the Goethe Institute (2012);
- Within the framework of the European Union TEMPUS program (145021-Tempus-UK-JPCR) "New master program for Library information science", a project of new master programs in the field of information and library sciences (2009-2013);
- IP International Library Consortium (EIFL-IP: copyright and libraries), thematic project "Copyright for Electronic Publications" (2014);
- Practical project on the development of the educational laboratory "Electronic libraries and corporate information networks", funded by the Fund for the Development of Information and Communication Technologies of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Communications, Informatization and Telecommunication Technologies (2016);
- Erasmus+ European Union Program "Rehabilitation in TechReh Technology" (project number: 561621-EPP-1-2015-1- IT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP) international project (2015-2017);
- European Union Project on International Exchange of Credit Mobility Erasmus+ No. 2018-1-IT02-KA107-047213 (2018-2019);
- The project of the US Department of International Leadership Program for Users (IVLP) (2018)
- Based on the results of activities in scientific projects, a number of scientific articles were published and program certificates were obtained.
Scientific and practical cooperation of the department:
- National Library of Uzbekistan named after Alisher Navoi;
- UzArchive Agency under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- National Office of the European Union Erasmus+ in Tashkent;
- Republican Information and Library Center;
- Fundamental Library of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan
- Tashkent City Information and Library Center "Bilim"
- Republican Scientific and Pedagogical Library
- ООО E-Line Press
- ООО ProInfo
The Department of Information and Library Systems is located in the TUIT, block – «B» building, on the 5th floor.